LiCa Scientific Ltd - Associate Research Scientist - Permanent - Loughborough
- Job Title:
- Associate Research Scientist - Permanent - Loughborough
- Technical roles
- Closing Date:
Associate Research Scientist
Up to £28000 DOE
Based in Loughborough
We are currently working with a contract research organization based in Loughborough who are experts in synthetic chemistry. They work with a wide range of clients across a variety of sectors from agrochemicals to biotechnology to pharmaceuticals. They are currently recruiting for Research scientists to join their expanding team.
What You’ll Do:
- Synthesize compounds according to the strategy devised by the project managers.
- Follow appropriate experimental methods and purification techniques.
- Investigate unexpected results and develop workable solutions
- Collect data to support the analysis of routine experimental procedures, demonstrating ability to correctly interpret routine results.
- Follow health and safety procedures as per the companies policies.
- Keep laboratory notebooks as per the companies data policies.
Who You’ll Be:
- BSc or equivalent in Chemistry or related discipline.
- Experience in performing a variety of organic synthesis routes at laboratory scale.
- Experience of running analytical samples and interpreting results including NMR and Mass Spectrometry.
- Experience searching chemical literature
- Experience in preparing and implementing COSHH assessments is desirable but not essential.
- Experience of using chemical structure and reaction search tools desirable but not essential.
- Be able to work accurately under supervision.
- Have excellent problem solving skills.
- Have excellent communication skills including written and verbal communication.
To apply click the link: https://www.licasci.com/jobs/associate-research-scientist
On this occasion LiCa Scientific is acting as an Employment Agency.